Tuesday 28 July 2009

Chrissy and the Questionable Taste in new Favourite Song

Aren't kids growing up quick these days?

And not to be out done, my two year old Chrissy seems more than happy to jump on the bandwagon. Let me explain....

Hands up who sings along to the radio or other music while they do the housework?

Well I for one do (like to think I could have been quite a famous pop star, but that's another story entirely), and I have a stereo with a radio and CD player in the kitchen, along with a varied pile of CDs.







The one I have on rotation at the moment is Lily Allen's new one, "It's Not Me It's You", I think its cracking.

I pick up song lyrics very easily, I think this stems from my love and devotion to Smash Hits magazine in the nineties and their weekly song lyrics pull out which I would devour and then sing until the next lot came out. So I know pretty much all the lyrics to most of the album, especially the two singles, "The Fear" and "Not Fair".

Unfortunately, it would appear that my darling daughter has somewhat inherited my quick learning of song lyrics skill.








And so, whilst I happily (oh OK, grudgingly) washed up on Sunday morning, and the song "Not Fair" came on, Chrissy was happily swaying and dancing and singing snatches of the lyrics.

Now, I'm not sure if you know the lyrics yourself, but if not, I'll enlighten you. Those of you of an easily offendable nature look away now..
The lyric my daughter knows apart from the chorus was, although missing some of the finer words-
"I'm lying in the wet patch, in the middle of the bed, I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by, I spent ages giving head."


Yes, not good for two is it?

She sang her little heart out with such feeling one would believe she had sisterhood sympathy for Lily's woe in the bedroom.
In fact, such was her performance, I'm now wondering if Simon Cowell et al will consider letting her audition for X Factor this year.

It reminds me of when my friends and I, in about 1992, got quite wholeheartedly into Madonna. She was going through her naughty book stage at the time, and had released the song "Erotica". And we aged 10 tried to sing the song in a show for the dinner ladies and ended up facing the wall in the playground for the remaining lunchtime.

Its not quite Incy Wincy Spider, after all.

I shall now be going through my CD collection and being a little bit more careful what I play from now on.












4 comments:

  1. And don't forget to go through your films. Top Ender watched Drop Dead Fred and Troop Beverly Hills and is now quoting lines from them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 8 year old loves 'The Fear' too. Kids learning lyrics can be very entertaining though. Mine still thinks that Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl says "This ship is bananas" and doesn't include the other 'sh' word! I'm not going to enlighten him.
    Cheers, Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I think I'm going to sing that version next time I'm at karaoke.
    And as for films, I chucked all mine cos I dont have time to watch them. I just download them, watch then clear them! I've been meaning to watch (amongst other things) Vicky Christina Barcelona, and Atonement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, bless her! :D

    I dread to think what my litle man will come out with in years to come - he's only just 15 weeks, but even as a bup he was exposed to a big old chunk of indie goodness from me & a whole lotta rock from his daddy - 'Your Sex is on Fire' always used to make him kick like mad - that can't be good, can it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!