Friday 1 June 2012

Jubilee Outfit: 50 Ways to Use A Union Jack

After my post bemoaning the Bratling's school and it's lack of notice about the need for Jubilee costumes, I thought I'd share my handiwork with you.


I can sum it up by saying that, should any publisher's need someone to write a book entitled "50 Ways to Use a £2 Union Jack and a String of Bunting," I'm the girl to ask.


The thing is, I'm a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my kids. I can't help it, I just want them to look great, whether that be by always buying them nice (but not necessarily designer) clothes, or by dressing them in a well made costume. 


It went well, I have to say. Although I am shattered from staying up late, my fingers ache from sewing and sticking pins in the tips of my fingers by accident, and I have super glue stuck on my nails (which wont come off), but the beeps from car horns and the smiles and "wows" made it all worth it. 


We've also decided to take the Brats to the Jubilee Pageant as part of Maidenhead Carnival this Sunday. 


So, here they are, Mini and Littlest in their costumes:






I'll take a few more later, so I can show the full length of Mini's skirt, which, in the end was hand stitched as my sister in law had given her sewing machine away! That worked out better though or I'd have probably blown myself up trying to plug it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done - your hard work paid off. I had to laugh at the ad on the left-hand side of your page. Seems very appropriate - A. Vogel Stress Relief (bought any yet?!) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you should be very proud. Hand stitched and in the shortest amount of time. Well done you. My school give no notice either and it drives me mad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!