Monday 18 February 2013

Diet Diary: This Week I am Mostly Finding Out The Reasons Behind Health Issues.

Sorry for going all quiet on you if you have been following my hand in hand Diet Diary here and on UKMums.tv

I have been keeping up with the diet, promise!

The week just gone saw me struggling with my old nemesis, the PCOS pains, which totally mess up my entire balance and leave me clutching a hot water bottle in misery and pain. At the end of January, after finally finding a sympathetic ear from my new GP, I was sent for proper tests in the form of an ultrasound. 

I have blogged about how two years ago, before the crippling and inevitable pains started, I went to my old GP, begging him to do something about the symptoms I had at that point (and still have now). He was really rude to me, suggesting I was making up my symptoms to get "my own way" over a sterilisation- which I had been told a big fat no to by him due to my age and marital status. He really was a jerk, not just to me but regards Littlest's ongoing health issues too, but, thankfully, he has sodded off from the practice now and we have a genuinely happy to listen and help GP- something all patients should experience.

I was still worried going to him. However, rather than bring up my depression (4 years ago people! 4 years and the old GP was still putting everything down to it), he listened and agreed with me regards my symptoms.

It turns out though that, rather than being a simple case of PCOS, I actually have further issues whereby bits of my body have fused together after having Littlest. My body seems to make too much scar tissue inside, which we found out when I had Mini with my uterus and bladder being fused while I was carrying her, and now one of my ovaries has decided to join in the fun and fuse itself to another part of my anatomy too- hence the pain!

So, its off to Hospital Friday, hopefully for further help and guidance to get it all sorted out.

The problem with PCOS is that can have a terrible effect on the body. It's why I'm heaviest around my tummy rather than anywhere else, and it can be a pig to sort out. It means trying lots of different hormone tablets and possibly operations to sort out, but these are quick fixes which can reverse by themselves.

I am told that my current healthier living and exercise regime will eventually help, especially the yoga as it works the muscles. Its not putting me off losing weight, but it obviously means I have to be more realistic when feeling disappointed that my shape isn't shifting in that area as much as I'd like.

On the plus side, I lost another 5lb last week, despite going out for a meal on my birthday- I did indulge food wise but stuck to clear alcohol rather than my fave Magners. I went over my calorie amount on that day for the first time since I started this adventure to lose weight. I felt awfully bloated after eating out with rich food! 

I did have a little hangover in the morning, but half an hour of gentle yoga soon saw that disappear- its amazing how, usually a Hangover (although rare as I'm not a big drinker) would mean I would be eating bacon rolls and drinking lots of lattes, which does nothing really to stop it. Yoga just stretched me right out and cleared my head. I'm really converted to it!

I've still had lots of energy and now we've finished Mini's bedroom. Its making me reassess everything and I'm ditching alot of stuff around me too. My overstuffed with paperbacks read and then left to go dusty have been freecycled- I cleared a whole bookcase and a half, about 150 books in all, plus old DVDs, shoes and other tat just lying around.

I am feeling like the future is great and clutter just messes up the feeling of space around you, if your home is cluttered so is your mind, and having less stuff everywhere sure gives more room and stops the room smelling like a mouldy bookshop!

How's your diet going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!