Friday 11 July 2014

Go On A Bear Hunt and Break a Record for RNIB

I love Michael Rosen, and in fact I'm now trying to pass on my childhood love of him to both the Brats. Michael was one of my writing heroes and influences as a kid and Going on a Bear Hunt, co written with Helen Oxenbury, was always a particular favorite.


Its staggering to hear but its now 25 years since Michael and Helen published the ever popular verse- I know right, does that make you feel as old as me?
To celebrate, Michael and the publishers of the story Walker Books is linking up with the RNIB to try and break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Reading Lesson on the 15th July.
If you'd like to join in and help, you can donate some much needed funds to this worthwhile cause, and of course you can join in too, right from this blog!
Its definitely something I will be watching and reading to my kids as always- the best ones are always the oldies!
To watch, either go to http://www.jointhebearhunt.com/RNIB, or you can pop back here on Tuesday from 10am as I'm streaming the live feed.

Remember to tweet using the hashtag #Bearhunt, and check out whether there is a live read along in your area, and of course, the read along is fully accessible to blind and hard of hearing fans too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!