Tuesday 5 March 2013

Comic Relief: What's in My Bag?

I love Comic Relief, and have done for many years- it started when I was three, and I look back fondly on campaigns like The Stonk amongst others. There was always something daft you could do for Comic Relief, and happily, there still is.

As my regular readers will know, I also love any excuse to own a new bag. So, when Comic Relief asked me to take part in a "What's in My bag" post using their rather nifty, Emma Bridgewater designed, shopper bag, it would have been rude not to.

What I didn't factor in to the testing of the bag was Mini.

You see, my lovely daughter has inherited my passion for handbags, and the second it popped through the letterbox, well, that was that- she had pinched it!

So, this isn't so much what's in my bag, but Mini's!

Tuesday is Mini's swimming day at school, and she likes to change bag regularly.  Not because she has to, but because she wants to. 



She needs a bag roomy enough to fit in a towel, swim suit, swim cap and goggles, which is splash proof and which has room to put her uniform in when she's in the pool. She doesn't like zips or buttons, and velcro is a pest for her as she never manages to shut it properly. Of course, something bright and eye catching is a must too for any fashionista aged nearly 6.




The Emma Bridgewater bag fits the bill as it is bright and colourful (with "Roll Up For Comic Relief" on it as well as the obligatory red nose too), there are no fussy zips and its a lovely size too.

So, my bag is no longer for me, it has been claimed for swimming!

If you'd like to Roll Up For Comic Relief, you can find a selection of Emma Bridgewater designed homewares and your own Bag For Life like Mini's at TK Maxx and HomeSense Stores throughout the UK.

The money raised will all help Comic Relief to continue the much needed work they have been doing since 1985, helping those less fortunate than us in Africa.

The Bag costs £9.99, with at least £4 going straight to where its needed.

You can find out more and view the whole range at TK Maxx or Homesense online.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!